2013 is the beginning of the next major real estate growth period. Driving growth will be new employment and MIGRATION REGAINING MOMENTUM. Here are highlights from a January 5, 2013 article published in the Herald Tribune.
• In 2013, more people will be moving to Florida than 2008, 2009, and 2010 combined.
• In 2008 only 34,000 people moved to the state of Florida.
• Florida’s migration in 2013 is forecast at over 171,000.
• The new migration wave is a result of baby boomers and retirees.
• The increase in net migration is expected to reignite Florida’s “Growth Machine” and generate more employment opportunities.